Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog challenge day three....

Blog challenge day three: Write a blog post on the same topic as one of my most popular posts. I think I have received more feedback on Deep Fried Anything, my first blog post. After writing this blog post, it came to me that people just are addicted to frying things. Why? Because it tastes so dang good! (Yeah I said dang its a southern thing! ) Anywho...So besides deep fried pickles, oreos and twinkies, there is the Monte Cristo.

The Monte Cristo I discovered when I worked at the Marriott in Charleston, WV. All I can say is Oh My Goodness, so good. You have turkey, ham, american, swiss cheeses and bread. You build your sandwich in layers then dip in a batter, drop in and fry to a sinful goodness! After its golden brown, you take out, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a side of raspberry preserves! My mouth is watering just thinking about it but reality is poking me saying" take a look at your hips, that's where it would go"!

Another sinful delight that is s good when you don't really know what you want, but hits the spot is cheese curds. Yep, and not many places have them so when I find them, ahhhh its heaven beyond heaven.  Right along side with a nice cold root beer, no ice, and you have the perfect hit the spot snack.

I am sure you arteries are hardening while you read this, but I am from the south and this is what I know. Fried is divine, however the older you get the more real eating healthier becomes. So eat healthy, but still live a little. Have that deep fried yummy every once and a while, but enjoy :)

2 comments: