Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog challenge day four...

Today is day four of the seven day challenge. Take a picture and talk about it. Well I had to put some thought to this one. I don't carry my camera with me every day but my BlackBerry does have a camera, so the ideas went rolling, what in the world can I take a picture of? Well since I spend a good amount of every day during the week at work I thought I would share where I sit, think, work and create, MY DESK!

That's right folks, there it is! This is where I am most of my existence it feels like. Today it appears that my desk is almost clean and organized, normally this is not the case. What does this picture say? Its a little slower than normal. Usually there are piles of paper and folders and other things thrown about. Not by me, no I don't just throw things on my desk, its everyone else that believes that they can just drop things and go. I do have an organizer that things can be placed in but obviously people are blind and they think I am a psychic. Its my belief that if you want me to do something and your not going to stick around to ask, write a note I have plenty of post its.


In this picture I was preparing to invoice amazon.com fulfillment orders that were shipped today, that took all of 5 minutes. I have answered all emails, processed refunds and now, I sit and wait for something else to do. Although you can not see it, I have a window right in front of me, don't get too excited, it just allows me to see who comes up the stairs into the office. My job is not exciting or glamorous, but I am a personal assistant at a small company so no bells and whistles here. My day starts usually with a cup of coffee or tea and me looking at my computer just as you see in the photo. Nothing too exiting but this is a small view into my world of work. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    thank you for telling us a bit more about you and what you are doing (almost the whole day). :=) Love the way you write!!:) Thats really not ok to throw papers on your desk like..she knows what to do with this sheet of paper...grrg. Your desk reminds me a bit of my own..or maybe like every other desk: THEY ARE to SMALL!!! lol
    Love*Linn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linn, I agree my desk is way too small! Maybe next time I will post a photo of me sitting here lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,

    Enjoyed your post. Cheers for sharing. :)

    People should have more respect and not chuck things ad-hoc onto your desk.

    All the best

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andrew :) I have told them I will throw it back, I dont think they really care lol.

    ReplyDelete