Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My last year in NY...

 So I am counting down the days till I leave this big city. Its been one hell of a ride I have to say. Although its not my top choice of places to live, I have learned a lot, about life and about me. Now that I will be parting ways with NYC, I want to keep a journal of my last year, and take a look back to remind myself mostly, but also to share with others. Who knows, maybe it will be published, maybe it wont, or maybe its just a way for me to keep myself busy until the big exit.

One thing I have learned is that its a whole different world here, nothing like I have ever experienced. I have learned more about other cultures and came to understand more by talking to people. They really don't mind when you ask questions and don't get offended at all. Along with those cultures is that amazing food that they have known their whole lives. Some you think might not look good, but wow its really amazing.

One thing I definitely know, a good percentage of these people in NYC could not survive where I grew up, because, well we just don't put up with it at all. This is one thing that really has made me appreciate where I am from, who I am and how I was raised. When I was little I imagined visiting NYC and all the beautiful lights, the amazing lights and the beautiful people, but now I realize that the lights just kind of hypnotize you and make you not see whats really behind all the glitter and glam! Does it mean its a bad place? For me yes, maybe not for others, but I know this country girl is thankful for who she is, and who she has become! I will miss some things about the city, and some really amazing people, but isn't that what road trips are for? :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your peak inside NY City.I dont like all the superficialness and thats why I wouldnt like living in NY. You are pretty much tempted to think more of yourself than its good for you.
    Im pretty much a "Country Girl" in mind and I can really get what you mean.Why did you decided to move from south to NY? Why do you go back??:) I find it utterly exciting to follow your last year in NY!!:) Enjoy all the good things..the great food..the vibe and the talks with the peoples.These memories really last forever and please dont get angry too much because of the "normal" NY's...it isnt worth it!
    Love*Linn*

    ReplyDelete