Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011, we have an entire year ahead of us!

Happy New Year! Its 2011 and we have a whole year that is open to just about anything! We all need face it, we aren’t getting any younger. I know this is true for me since I will be 37 on Monday! So what can I do this year? What have I never done before that I want to try, or unfinished things I need to accomplish?

  When I was younger, I use to think the older you get the less opportunities or experiences you have but I now know this is not true. It does not matter if I want to accomplish 1 thing or 100; I know I can do it if I have the want and inspiration. So what will I do this year?

  One thing I know I will do is know my camera inside and out. I purchased a Canon 7D last year and I still don’t know every function, I may still not know them all by this time next year but I will be much closer to becoming the photographer I know I can be! I want to take better photos just for my enjoyment or maybe make a couples wedding photos the better than they ever dreamed they could be.

  Another thing was to start writing again. I was lucky enough to have two of the most amazing teachers in school that inspired me more than I can ever express in words. Mrs. Kaufman, my 5th grade teacher. I moved from West Virginia to Florida away from my family I knew all of my life, my comfort zone. I believe that as a mother she sensed that I needed to be comforted. She was always very kind and caring, very patient and inspired us all in our class just simply by putting all that she was into teaching us and preparing us for things that would be in the years to come. She inspired me to open my imagination and creativity and for that, I owe her more than I can ever imagine.

   I cannot say that my other teachers were bad, but sometimes there are those special people who stand out and she was one of them. I was lucky to find her on Facebook and have visited with her recently. She is still as gracious and beautiful as she was when I was in the 5th grade!

 The other person who was just so amazing and her words and passion for life stuck with me my entire life is Mrs. Unold aka Mama U. I have also reconnected with her on Facebook and got the chance to tell her through Facebook how much she meant to me.

  Mama U is just so full of life. I experienced this in my 11th grade English class. Always so funny and the stories she told us all were just so comical. She was fun but strict, but always an important message through her stories and her teaching. She was as caring as a mother could ever be, informative as a teacher should be and one of the most compassionate human beings I have ever met. I was still a bit shy but she encouraged me. She knew my passion for writing and encouraged me. She always told me that I could achieve the impossible; I just needed to believe in me. Life however takes a turn in the road that you do not plan on and takes you off course, but I believe that destiny leaves you just where you need to be.

  I will be 37 Monday, so who am I what have I accomplished so far? I am an amateur photographer who wants to be the best I can be, I am a mother of three children who I love more than life. I am a personal assistant in a small company who sells photography equipment online. I have not written a best selling novel, but I have added an idea to a great story has been developing for years. I know that one day it will be a blockbuster movie because the inspiration is there J

 I will also brush up on my crochet skills, maybe even start college courses online. Whatever I set my mind to, can and will be done….. You can accomplish anything too; all you need is a little inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment