Saturday, January 15, 2011

Deep Fried Anything?......

  So its a cold lazy day here  and just really wanting to relax. It's never a surprise that my youngest daughter wants to create in the kitchen. She is an aspiring pastry chef who wants to perfect her craft, and is determined to be the best. I stand behind her 100% so yeah this is gonna cost a pretty penny :).

  First she started out with Chocodiles ( For those who don't know its basically a chocolate covered Twinkie). After tasting those deep fried, I will agree with others, they are NASTY! Then she moved onto deep fried oreos and all I can say is HEAVEN! Her next idea was to fry one of her favorite things and I swore I wold NOT try and didn't care how much she begged! I gave in like I always do, and I have to say, they are very tasty.

  The pickles are sliced up or just into strips and dipped in a simple beer batter, the dropped into either peanut oil or vegetable oil and friend for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. The pickles are served with a side of spicy ranch dipping sauce that she doesn't care for but I think it gives a nice kick to them.

Growing up in the south, I guess that's just one of the things I missed out on, but I am glad I tried. When it comes to food, I made a promise a long time ago I wouldn't say I didn't like it unless I tried it first and I have kept my word.

I think its going to be a long tasty winter, I hope my cholesterol can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment